Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thinking about the way God keeps us safe from worry and fear when we're resting in Him, my contemplation was disturbed by a situation with my pets. Suddenly I realized He'd just given me a perfect illustration of the concept. My cat (contentment) had been sitting on my lap, purring peacefully. Suddenly the dog (worry and fear) started edging closer and closer, soon making whining noises in his throat which I knew would quickly erupt into a full-fledged bark. So I picked up the cat and carried her towards the safety of the stairs to the basement where she spends most of her time. I turned my body as I did so to shield her from the dog's torment, and even kicked him back a few times when he would try to get in front of us and hinder our progress, jumping and trying to nip at the furry bundle I carried in my arms. In like manner does God shield and protect us, carrying us safely all the way Home.

"...I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will give safety to your children and ease them."
(Isaiah 49:25 AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...