Thursday, May 20, 2010


Today is Graduation Day! At 7 p.m. tonight my son Kevin dons his cap and gown and collects his diploma. As he headed out the door to school for the last time this morning I was doing okay...until he turned around and THANKED me for the last 13 years of getting him up in the mornings, driving him to school or waving goodbye as he drove himself!!!... as if it was some kind of burden instead of just an incredible joy to be the mother of such a terrific kid. I lost it at that point... managed to wait till he pulled out of the driveway before the floodgates opened completely. Then I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed out to the back deck for a "slow down and celebrate" moment with God. I let myself have a good cry. But just as the sunlight was fighting back the morning fog, so the Son fought back feelings of sadness and replaced the mood with one of celebration. Truly I am thankful to God, today and always, for the gift of three such incredible sons. It's no wonder the time has gone by so fast - "Time flies when you're having fun" - and my boys have the corner on fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...